A stub is a short article which rounds up little bits of information that I’ve found throughout the week. These may be web or computer related, or they may be more general things. It’s more a personal log than an actual article, reminding me of things that I may’ve forgotten, but some of it may be of help to someone else!
As I begin to settle in to Uni life again, it’s been a bit of a slow week, but I’ve still got something to report!
- Primark bags are for show, don’t expect anything special.
- It was sad to see Atari falling to it’s knees…even if they don’t seem to have made their mark for years…
- A prediction which we all saw coming – if the networks don’t do something, we’re about to see phone networks crumple under the strain of more and more smartphone users.
- Looks like I am good for something – I got promoted!
- Google Images has made another subtle UI change, and it looks suspiciously like something else.
- Something that I’m very surprised that I missed off of last week’s stub – Facebook released the unmeaningfully-named-to-most Graph Search feature, maybe we can actually get something back from the data we’ve been feeding into Facebook over the years!
- Speaking of Graph Search, I’m still a week behind on 5by5 and only just managed to catch #32, where they talk about Graph Search and the issues that joke “likes” may actually start biting people back with this new feature. 5By5 | In Beta #32
- I’ve started my first article series here on my blog, this one is about refactoring and using object-oriented code patterns. Check it out, the next article in the series will be out in the week!
- Turns out that my “slow week” has in fact been a pretty empty week in terms of articles! I’ve been busy with a current project which I can hopefully reveal on here soon…
- And finally, use the HDR Toning feature in Photoshop right and you can add a nice, retro drawing effect to your photos!